Diets for Diabetes Prevention Study: A Residential Study
Would you like to participate in a two-week nutrition study? Are you concerned about your diabetes risk?
We will investigate whether the foods that you eat (your diet) alters circulating blood markers that we have recently found to be associated with the risk of type 2 diabetes.
You will be required to:
- Live at the Human Nutrition Unit, Mt Eden for two weeks (you may attend daily work, classes, or visit friends and family during the day – but must only eat the food and drinks that we will provide to you).
- Avoid vigorous exercise (e.g. power walking, running, intense cycling).
- Consume all of your meals and snacks provided.
If you are in the Auckland area and are:
- Chinese (including mainland China, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan) or European Caucasian
- Between 18-60 yrs
- Have a BMI 24-40 kg/m2
- Happy to participate in a 2 week residential study
- Happy to eat a wide range of foods (you cannot be vegetarian or vegan)
You will be compensated for your time.
IMPORTANT: You cannot be in the study if you have already been diagnosed with diabetes.
Complete the pre-screening survey here.
For more information:
Phone: Human Nutrition Unit 09 630 1162
Statement of ethics approval
This study has received ethical approval from the Southern Health and Disability Ethics Committee (20/STH/51).